Nothing promotes the desire to write for me write quite like the elements do. On this dreary and rainy Tuesday (which I loathe more than Monday), I decided to meander over to this little corner of the internet that I had created for myself, and felt badly for having abandoned what I had hoped what be a somewhat permanent fixture in my life. Such is always the inevitable end for any blog I've created in the past, why should this be any different?
But, ever persistent and determined as I was raised to be, I decided to wipe the figurative dust from the non-existent cover, pick up where I have left off, and try once more. I will not admit defeat in the face of the written word, and its tendency to escape me in recent months.
Upon its inception, this blog was to serve little more than as a place for me to exercise my tendency to "wordsmith." As the title of my blog states, I am perpetually verbose, and not even a little bit loquacious. Such is my fault and my burden to bear. However, I am prone to go through long suffering phases where I do little to no writing at all. I'm very in tune with my thoughts, but find myself at a loss for how to express myself. Getting the "words to page," as it were, is a struggle that I battle quite often, and one that I try desperately to overcome. My saving grace in recent (or perhaps not so recent) months was that I completed one of my goals of "winning" NaNoWriMo. However, upon reaching that goal I promptly ceased writing anything more of my story, as I found that pushing myself toward that word count really tapped out my desire to write. The novel in question is one that I do plan on seeing through to an end, but as of right now I'm not entirely pleased with it, and wondering where it is that I begin to start making changes. But, perhaps that in itself is another story for another time.
I will try to be around more. After spreading myself so thinly over the vast expanse of the internet, I find that I often struggle hanging onto one place to update quite frequently. I no longer need the validation that LiveJournal once provided me, Facebook serves as a place to merely connect with friends, and Twitter is where my would be Facebook status updates go.
But a place where I can simply write for the sake of writing? I don't think I have that just yet, and perhaps this is where it starts.
Upon its inception, this blog was to serve little more than as a place for me to exercise my tendency to "wordsmith." As the title of my blog states, I am perpetually verbose, and not even a little bit loquacious. Such is my fault and my burden to bear. However, I am prone to go through long suffering phases where I do little to no writing at all. I'm very in tune with my thoughts, but find myself at a loss for how to express myself. Getting the "words to page," as it were, is a struggle that I battle quite often, and one that I try desperately to overcome. My saving grace in recent (or perhaps not so recent) months was that I completed one of my goals of "winning" NaNoWriMo. However, upon reaching that goal I promptly ceased writing anything more of my story, as I found that pushing myself toward that word count really tapped out my desire to write. The novel in question is one that I do plan on seeing through to an end, but as of right now I'm not entirely pleased with it, and wondering where it is that I begin to start making changes. But, perhaps that in itself is another story for another time.
I will try to be around more. After spreading myself so thinly over the vast expanse of the internet, I find that I often struggle hanging onto one place to update quite frequently. I no longer need the validation that LiveJournal once provided me, Facebook serves as a place to merely connect with friends, and Twitter is where my would be Facebook status updates go.
But a place where I can simply write for the sake of writing? I don't think I have that just yet, and perhaps this is where it starts.
0 comments:
Post a Comment